Friday 7 October 2011

For a Lack of Better Words.

It is a revelation to see how selfish you could be. You label yourself a friend? Honestly, look up the word in the dictionary. See how far you fall from it. You cannot blame your culture for your views or shaping who you are. Every culture is flawed; your actions reflect your inner self. Unconscious actions are the closest you will get to taste a person's true colour. You immitate what you see and spit it out like a factory, mass producing something that you never bothered to stop and question. You regurgitate the very epitome you claim to hate while blaring and imposing your stand of no substance.

To be able to adapt is definitely a boon. Occasionally, it is the best option to go against the tide. Learning lessons the hard way or through experience will always be the best teacher. I have learnt to see through your humble, friendly aesthetics to the ugly, calculative monster at your core. Why is it inexplicably hard to show a little kindness?

Call it disillusionment, if there is such a word. I will stick by my principles. They don't have to be blood relations or signing my paycheck for me to show some humanity. The windows to your soul reflect your disdain and reluctance although the sugar-coated words tumble from your mouth. When you start your sentence with, "Oh, I didn't realize..", don't mind me turning away to sneeze please. That is my defence mechanism against hypocrisy and insincerity. I am, after all, allergic to bullshit. Staying silent is no longer an option for me - you take that as my meek submission and attempt to trample all over me; even Napoleon had more tact.

You pretend that you are living the life akin to Gossip Girl, the O.C., 90210, etc. Look, if you cannot even make do with what you have now, do not think you are fit to dictate to me. However, this is my admission - you have taught me as much as you have given me reasons to dislike you. Sometimes I find myself swimming along and I dislike those occurrences. This is not a love-hate relationship; I still don't hold you in high esteem and most probably will not. I get what I came for and I will leave with no regrets.

Thank you for the lessons and the memories. No raining applause or flower showers for you. That will be all.

P/S: It has been a hectic month for me. I will try to update more often. I foresee later nights with the incoming assignments this month. It is easier to just wait for updates. My social media sites do not tell much either unless you like connecting the dots but please keep your views to yourself or ask, if you are curious. Do not make assumptions without basis. Spiteful games are best played as far away as possible from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment